Steroid induce roseacea
I used cortisone cream (Locoid Lipocream) for about a month because of a dermatitis on my face.  All of a sudden, my face is beet red and my cheeks have a thin shiny look.  Needless to say, it has been very upsetting to me.  I am now using metrogel cream but I don't think it is working as my face appears redder.  Should I continue using it?  Also, I am afraid of using tetracycline antibiotics for fear of yeast infection.  What should I do?

This discussion is related to Burning Red Face.
Steroid induced rosacea or dermatitis is an adverse effects of using steroids. Some patients develop steroid-induced rosacea within weeks of applying a topical steroid; others may not experience it for years.
Avoiding rosacea triggers, such as caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol, also may help clear the skin. Also use of antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens and tacrolimus(available by prescription) helps but consultation of a dermatologist is required first.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.