Steroid induced Atrophy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Steroid induced Atrophy

In November 2011, I received my first ever shot of Toradol, which is deemed a NSAID. However, I was just told that my pathology results came back as Steroidal Induced Atrophy. I am confused about this. At first, my injection site was red and circular (no big deal since this shot made me pass out, which has never happened to me before.) A few weeks later, the site turned an off-white color (like the color of ashy skin), but still circular. It remained like that until this past July. Now, the injection site has grown, my skin has "sunken in" and the color is still "ashy."
I would greatly appreciate any help that you may be able to give me to stop the growth, restore my "natural" color, and fill in my skin.
Thank you.
It is true that Ketorolac is a steroid. It can cause erythema at injection site and sometimes steroid related atrophy skin. For the indentation, you can talk to your doctor regarding collagen filling or laser resurfacing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have read about doctor comment. I have steroid induced atrophy on my middle breast (on pucker). It started from acne then be a small scar, become a large n deep scar. It is not feel pain, but my skin so long look like worst. I'm so confused, so I have to see 4 different doctors to see my case. They said is a scar, other said strechmark, they give me cream medicine that them made themself. It does'nt work too. I'm was dissapointed. But the last doctor, give me laser resurfacing. It works! I mean it not be larger or deep anymore, but still have trace on it. after 4 months ago, the acne came back again, and make it steroid again.
My question, How can I stop the acne makes new on my body again? It is very disturb me. And if I using collagen filling, does it work to mak our skin become natural again? Does it take a risk?
Thank You.
(Sorry if my english language bad)