Dermatology Community
Steroid induced Rosacea
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Steroid induced Rosacea

Hi....Can anyone advise on steroid rosacea?
I have posted some questions before on a problem and after 3 dermatology appointments they diagnosed me with Rosacea.
Only problem is the only symptom i have is facial flushing which only started happening when I went on accutane?
My skin has always been blemish free, bit oily and the odd spot, I developed ocd in washing my face which caused it to become very dry, the doctor thought I had seb derm (no redness just dry) I was prescribed Daktacort cream 1% and was told to use it for 2 weeks then anywhere whats dry after....I used it mainly in the T-zone and applied 3 times daily for 2 weeks....about 4 days later I had a small dry patch in the middle of my forehead after a shower so I applied Daktacort cream again for a few days....then a red line appeared in the middle of my forehead which gradually spread, the doctor then prescribed me a steroid cream to treat it and use for a week, now my skin in only the areas where it has been applied seems very fragile, if I rub with small amounts of pressure the skin starts to flake away (no redness), where the redmark appeared on my forehead it has left a discoloured patch which has not got bigger or smaller since it appeared, I am left with a constant ache where this happened and if I apply any kind of pressure it puffs up all around the area.
I am now on low dose accutane to treat Rosacea but it all seems to revolve around the areas where I applied the creams.
Is there such a thing as steroid rosacea? can it cause this kind of problem with my forehead? is there a topical OTC cream I can use to help things along?
This has become so stressfull I have now developed hives and whenever i touch my forehead it turns white then red then normal colour.

Kind Regards
Rob