Steroid rosacea
If a person develops rosacea from the use of steroids and discontinues topical steroids.... uses prescribed medications to clear their skin..... do they still have rosacea and have to be careful of triggers such as certain foods?  One would think that if one eliminates the source that provoked the rosacea,,,, then it is not truly rosacea ..Any info on this....
Steroid induced rosacea is an adverse effects of using steroids. Some patients develop steroid-induced rosacea within weeks of applying a topical steroid; others may not experience it for years.

You can use tacrolimus ointment for this after consulting a dermatologist. Using this rosacea often resolves the itch, redness, and tenderness of steroid-induced rosacea in 7 to 10 days with twice daily application. Complete clearing of steroid-induced rosacea usually takes 1 to 2 months. Sometimes clearing takes a bit longer. Avoiding rosacea triggers, such as caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol, also may help clear the skin.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for your response... Have sought a second opinion after having being prescribed topical steroid by 1st dermatologist and after approximately 1 month I have pretty much cleared up.....Given only Doxy and Still taking it as I am scared it may not be totally done flaring up despite being clear for abouot 1 1/2 weeks...I have avoided the triggers and think it is terrible that people are prescribed this for their face without knowlege of the possible consequences....Compared to someI think my problems were mild and still devastating to someone who never had skin breakouts etc.... Again.... Thank you for the response....