Dermatology Expert Forum
Sticky, oily skin with odour around testicles and crotch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have a problem with my skin in the crotch and tesicle area. I get excessive sweating and quite a bad odour, and this leaves the skin feeling very sticky and seems quite oily especially around the crotch. The skin is a little red but not excessively so. If I bath or shower the skin does not lose any of its stickiness. I have been to a doctor before and was recommended Daktacort hydrocortisone cream, this tends to help but does not clear it up. If I wear briefs the sweating subsides, but the crotch then gets particularly sticky and can leave the briefs oily with a pungent smell, but boxers make the area even more sweaty and is very uncomfortable. Using plenty of unperfumed talc eases the sypmtoms. The small area of skin between the testicles and the anus is quite sore also which makes me wonder whether there is a general infection around that area. Any ideas?
Yes.  This does not sound like any infection.  Your doctor would not have prescribed a cortisone cream if he or she had thought it was infected, and the cortisone would have made you worse instead of better had it been infected.  My advice is to:
1. wear loose-fitting clothes
2. use a powder after showering
3. don't wash too much, as that might irritate the skin and isn't needed
4. lose weight if that is relevant
5. try using a mild antiperspirant in the groin, if it doesn't irritate
6. check with your doctor for further suggestions

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
i do not have that i do not think. i had my fungus rash on my testicles and around it. it sweats and it smells it hurts and ichey the skin is all cracked on my testicles  when i scrach it all kinds of dead skin comes off it and i get red sores when it's muggy or humid it gets really bad but when the weather is dry it seems it do not sweat as much. it seems it ***** or some thing. it keeps me up all night iching it or being hurting i do have some cream for it. the name of the cream is clotrimazole  i got 2 tubes of it i try to put it on most of the time
most of the time it's really raw i try to let it dry out for so many days then i take a shower if do not let it dry up or try not to iche it. it really hurts when i take a shower then i can put the cream on again. i think the muggy or humid weather makes it bad i try to have my ac on and i have a dehumider too but still make it sweaty and smells what should i do about this what else i should try to help it. i been staying home from work for awhile i work at a workshop for the special needs. i think this is my biggest problem for not sleeping because i am all ways iching it. ok bye now
A related discussion, sticky testicles was started.
A related discussion, sweaty groin sweaty feet was started.
A related discussion, foul odor, rash, under testicles was started.