Dermatology Community
Sticky groin area - agonising
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sticky groin area - agonising

Since I've moved to England from Spain, I've been unbearably sticky and itchy in my groin area. It seems that it's only affects areas where skin is touching other skin; on the scrotum and under the penis, but I'm rather sure that it is not chafing. It doesn't hurt, it is just constantly damp with a cold substance, with small fissures. The skin where this is affected is shiny and sensitive as well. I've used all kinds of anti-fungal creams and anti-bacterial soap, athlete's foot powder - everything, and I can't get rid of it.

It seems that the same thing occurred last time I was in England. I don't know what to do, because I am constantly sticky and uncomfortable, and it is seriously affecting my quality of life.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

The lesion would heal spontaneously in a few days. Consult your doctor to rule out a fungal infection or contact dermatitis.

Keep the area clean and wear clothes washed in a few drops of chlorhexidine preferably and dried in the sun. Wear lose, comfortable clothes. Keep the area well moisturised.

Apply calamine lotion and some over the counter antibacterial cream on the lesions.

You could take oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications for the itching.

Avoid sweat accumulation and any friction or trauma to the site.

Consult your doctor if the lesions still persist.

Post us if you have any doubts and update us about how you are doing.

Regards.

Blank
To be honest, the only thing thats really bugging me is the sweaty sticky feeling I constantly have - it's not very itchy anymore. I do sweat over actively down there, so I don't know how to stop that either.

Do you think it would be something that a partner could catch, if I were protected?

Thank you for your reply :)
Blank
Please let me know if you find out what that is, because I have tried antifungal creams including a prescription my doc gave me. Nothing seems to work, and it is absolutly consuming my thoughts! Like you said it doesn't really hurt at all, just a bad odor and stickiness that will not go away.
Blank
Hi,

You might find the following threads interesting:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Excessive-sweating-in-groin-area/show/1129953
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/sweating-mystery/show/610523
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Side-effects-treatment---please-take-a-look-Thanks-/show/1195235 (the 4th post and the posts afterward might interest you)

Did you happen to find any (semi)successful treatments for this?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...