Stinging skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stinging skin

Why do I have sharp, stinging skin on upper arms?  I have been to an allergist, and 2 different dermatologist.  Had an allergy test run.  I have been diagnosed with dry skin, contact dermatitis, and with prurigo nodularis by the different specialists but the treatments they prescribed did not help.  I sting and itch constantly.  I no longer have the bumps.  I have suffered with this now for almost 2 years.  It gets worse get heat and at night.  It feels hot to the touch at times.  I had bone fusion on C5-6-7 several years ago.  Then had bone fusion 5 weeks ago on C5-4.  Doc said my nerves were all bundled up behind the metal plate on C5-6-7.  He removed plate and straightened up the mess.  The stinging on arms has gotten worse since this last surgery.  Also have fibromyalgia and migraines, bad!!!  Any suggestions what I can try and what you think it could be attributed to?  Thank you for your help.  Desperate  
Tags: Skin
One of the possibilities for your symptoms is brachioradial pruritis. Brachioradial pruritis is an intense itching sensation of the arm usually between the shoulder and elbow of either or both arms. The itch can be so intense that sufferers will scratch their own skin to a bleeding condition.
The main cause of BRP is not known but there is evidence to suggest that BRP may arise in the nervous system.
I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.