Stomach rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stomach rash

I just recently developed chicken-pox like rashes on my stomach that have started to spread upwards. They are red and round, some bigger than others. They look exactly like my chicken pox scars near my belly button except for the difference in color. It itches mildly and I doubt it's the chicken pox seeing as how I'd already gotten them as a kid. what could it be?
Thanks.

Vane

It appears that you may be having a condition called Herpes Zoster which starts like a Chicken Pox like fluid filled rash, involving a particular area of the body.

You must get this examined and treated. The risk is that they are uninfected at present, but are infectious to others and may get infected with bacteria leading to formation of pus.

Later there is a risk of developing nerve pain due to the virus. Therefore it is best that you take anti-virals based on the prescription from your doctor.

Keep the area clean, wear loose clothes and apply antiseptic topical medication for now. Do not scratch or burst the lesions by yourself. Let me know if you may need any other help.