Dermatology Expert Forum
Strange Bumpy Rash / Hives on arm
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Strange Bumpy Rash / Hives on arm

This mostly appears on my right arm. Started out with a few small red bumps, became itchy, so naturally I scratched some. Some of the areas I scratched became red and noticably raised, with more bumps appearing. After a few days, some of the bumps go away, but the centers get a tiny red spot as if they popped - bleed a little. They were starting to go away, I got itchy there again and scratched - now my arm from underside of wrist to elbow has more different sized red bumps on them. Some look like they popped, some are very small. The larger ones almost feel like they hurt a little if i touch them. Are these hives?

The only think I have done recently is cleaned out a fish tank (had my arm in the water) dont know if i can get rashes from aquarium water. Not sure what this could be.  My arm is speckled in them now.

Thanks,
Adam