Strange Pimples on Forearms
I am a 48 year old male that has not had any issues with my skin since I was a teenager, and even then I didn't have major acne issues.

For the last 6 to 12 months I keep getting these pimple looking things from time to time.
They appear out of nowhere and I usually only have one at a time. They all show up on my forearms, or about halfway up my bicep. Tops of my forearms are the most common location though.

They are not huge, nor do they hurt or itch per se.
For instance last night I went to bed after having had none of them for about a month. I woke up this AM with one on the top of my upper left forearm.
They start out as a small red bump, and rapidly develop a tiny head that is a yellowish-white as in a small amount of pus.

By this evening when I shower again, the top covering will simply 'peel' off when I wash over that area, and ooze fluid for a brief time.
The bump will disappear after that, but will leave a red spot that can take weeks or months to totally disappear.

I know this sounds very minor, and I am sure it is,........but I can't figure out what is causing this, and why it only started within the last year.

Last doctor visit I didn't have any to show him, but I described what happens. He said it sounded like folliculitis to him.
Again,.......even if he is right, why did this just start for me, and why do I not get them on my legs also which are quite hairy?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as usual.
One possibility for such bumps is folliculitis. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.