Dermatology Expert Forum
Strange Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Strange Rash
I've started to get this strange rash that pops up after i have sex. I always have protected sex. Sometimes within a day or two of having sex, a few small red bumps appear and the testicles just get red in general. They are not pimples, just red bumps. It itches a little but its not terrible. Its always on the testicles and always in the same general area. After a day or so the itching goes away and the testicles dry up and peel a little and the redness fades. The testicles get pretty dry and leathery. Within a week everything is back to normal. It just started happening recently. And it doesn't happen all the time. Is this an std? what is it?
No, it doesn't sound like an STD.  it sounds like irritation, possibly from friction from sex.  I don't think it signifies much, if anything.  If it persists, show it to a doctor.  Otherwise, I think you can ignore it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
What about a reaction to somethinging in the process? Condoms lubricant? girrfriend? I just think its odd it started happening withing the last few months. Also sometimes it doesn't pop up right after, but a day after. Anything i can use to make the process go quikcker?