Dermatology Expert Forum
Strange Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Strange Rash

I've started to get this strange rash that pops up after i have sex. I always have protected sex. Sometimes within a day or two of having sex, a few small red bumps appear and the testicles just get red in general. They are not pimples, just red bumps. It itches a little but its not terrible. Its always on the testicles and always in the same general area. After a day or so the itching goes away and the testicles dry up and peel a little and the redness fades. The testicles get pretty dry and leathery. Within a week everything is back to normal. It just started happening recently. And it doesn't happen all the time. Is this an std? what is it?
Tags: irritable
No, it doesn't sound like an STD.  it sounds like irritation, possibly from friction from sex.  I don't think it signifies much, if anything.  If it persists, show it to a doctor.  Otherwise, I think you can ignore it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
What about a reaction to somethinging in the process? Condoms lubricant? girrfriend? I just think its odd it started happening withing the last few months. Also sometimes it doesn't pop up right after, but a day after. Anything i can use to make the process go quikcker?