Strange bug bite and rash
Hi, I have a circular rash about 3 or 4 inches in diameter on my arm.  It is Sunday and I first noticed it two days ago (Friday morning I think).   In the very center is a small raised hard bump with a couple very small blisters on it.  I first thought it was poison ivy - but then my husband said it looked like I had been bitten by a spider or something else.

The surround rash is light red and is a little itchy.  The red bump in the middle hurts if you press on or when a bend my arm.  It doesn't have a bulls eye look to it.

The red bump in the middle is oozing a little clear fluid.  My neck and shoulders seemed to be alittle stiffer last night - more than usual - so I too some advil to help me sleep, poured some hydgrogen peroxide on the bump - it bubbled up a little bit .  The surrounding rash is also sore if I press on it and it does seem like it has expanded a little bit from when I first noticed it.  

When I thought it was poison ivy - I had sprayed some Jewel Weed wash spray on it and that made it really sort of ache - so I stopped doing that after a few times.  

Any ideas on what it might be and should I go to the doctor?

Essy

I think this may be related to the development of a reaction due to the insect bite.

This may be fleas or any other insect. They usually present with teh development of fluid filled blisters which are itchy in nature and have redness all around.

The best course of action is to try and not burst the blisters and let them dry away by themselves. Use of antiallergics may be necessary to control the itching. Ice packs may also be used for the redness.

In case the itching and the blisters do not go away, You may have to contact your doctor for further treatment.

Hope this helped. let me know if you may need any more information
Hi - thanks for getting back to me so soon.  What I didn't mention was that I stayed in a B&B down in Charlottesville, Va on Tuesday night.  As my husband and I went to bed - a brown spider came running out from under his pillows and across the bed.  He was really fast.  I looked at pictures of recluse spiders and he was really too fast for me to tell.  Tried to kill the spider that night but he disappeared.  Next morning, he reappeared on the bed sheets again and this time I did manage to kill him.  I didn't think to save the spider.  It was Wed. night when I think I really first noticed an irritation on my arm - I was wearing a sleeve and I noticed it felt itchy underneath.  So - I'm hoping it's not a spider bite.

I've been putting the antibiotic gel on it today and it is itchy like crazy. The middle bump looks like a raised sore now and appears ***** in the middle.  Yikes.  If it is not better in the morning - I think I will go to urgent care.