Dermatology Expert Forum
Strange bumps on foreskin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Strange bumps on foreskin

I am 23 yrs old and when I was about 17/18 I noticed several skin coloured (or slightly lighter) raised bumps appearing on my foreskin for no particular reason, some of the larger bumps (about the size of a normal spot but still skin coloured) produce a white substance similar to a normal spot if squeezed. Over the years I have just left them but they seem to have multiplied and although the majority of them are very small they are still very noticeable. The majority of the bumps are about the size of a dot you make with a pen but because there are so many of them I am desperate to try and get rid of them. I started to use strong spot cream which did nothing but I don't want to damage the skin. I went to the doctor and he said it was a variation on normal and not to worry but surely there must be a cream or something that can be tried to see if it works? I am losing self-confidence now!
Your doctor is correct.  To see photos of what you probably have--cysts--please see http://www.studenthealth.co.uk/leaflets/NormalVariantsInAnogenitalSkin.htm

You can't get rid of things that are part of you with a cream.  All that does is make things worse and more noticeable.  Instead, you need to come to terms with the way you are, especially since you pose no threat to anyone else.  If you can't ignore these, you should consider getting the counsleing help you need.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I too have the same bumps in that picture. I have some questions about them... (mabye mine are something else) Is there any chance that a pump can be infected and grow insize? One is a little smaller then a dime. Before i would have one randomly grow in size then disapear but this one seems permament. There can be nothing done about this lil buggers? I have heard else where that they are a cause of overactive oil glands if you keep ur taly wacker dry. Is this true?
I am 20 years of age. When I was 16 i noticed Pearly papules on my glans (glands). The papules are scattered and not aligned in any certain manner. I was sexually inactive. I am uncircumsized. The papules have multiplied and now I have small light rough bumps, one at the base of my penis, one in my pubic area, and two on my foreskin plus one under my foreskin as well. Some of the rough bumps are/were slightly forked. These bumps are not large but they do increase in size in time. I have observed that I am able to cut a portion of the rough bumps with out bleeding or pain, but if I cut too close to the skin it bleeds and causes pain. Also, if I mess with the bumps they become brighter and slightly larger and I feel a slight pain... like its tearing. I have had two sexual partners and only the latter has had a (one) previous partner. Both have had papsmears that have returned negative results. Although, my current girlfriend had a white patch-like growth between the labium minora and the lower vaginal opening. This growth has been absent for a long while now and we never found out what it was. I know I should see a doctor and I most likely will. But what are the chances that the rough bumps I have are HPV related and will they get out of hand, growth wise, if they are untreatable? Also, what is the likelyhood that they are sexually transmitable? Thank you for your time.