Strange dark brown dots on inner elbow only
I am a 19 year old African American male.
About a month ago small flat wrinkled brown dots appeared on both of my inner elbows. I did not notice them at first because they did not itch and were not bothering me. However, it soon became more prominent yet still localized to my elbow(it seems as if many dots may have fused into a blob). It seems as if they are spreading, and they seem to only itch when my shirt or jacket rubs against it. I have been to the dermatologist and she gave me a skin bleaching cream to lighten the spots, but because it is spreading, I'm worried that the problem is not gone yet.
It can be due to tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.
If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist. Other possibilities like solar lentigo and scabies need to be evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.