Strange graze like rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Strange graze like rash

I have a patchy rash on the top front parts of my arms! It feels like grazes and you can't see it but it itches occasionally. it's no where else on my body just there? I know it's not ringworm or eczema!

Any ideas on what it could be?

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but the symptoms are suggestive of eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts.

red pustule bumps on forearms,Ive been to doctor 3 xs he first prescribed a steroid cream,that didnt work,than antibiotics 7-10days didnt work,took blood everything came back fine.Now referred me to dermatologist for a biopsy,but I have no money out of work,and my insurance dont cover it.Any suggestions.Please help,this is very ugly,and has me really stressed out.Also these have been on my arms at least 7-8months.