Strange heat flashed, open sores on fingertips and knuckles
The symptoms began over two years ago.  I had a herpes sore on my lip which lasted four or more weeks with intense pain.  After the first two weeks pain began in my face, and neck.  After three or so weeks I experienced intense heat flashes.  Sometimes in my hands, feet, whole body...but I didn't experience them at night.  The heat flashes, burning skin sensation, would occasionally stop or become very mild for periods of weeks or months.  Then they would return.  Eventually, after a couple of years, they have stopped.  At the early stages of the heat flashed new symptoms began.  Very small open and deep painful lesions (almost wound like) on edges of my fingertips and knuckles.  When one or two would heal, others might begin.  Then all of them would heal.  Over time, on an intermittent basis of one month, three months, some period of time, they reoccur.  The whole or part of body heat flashes no longer occur.
From your symptoms herpetic whitlow should be ruled out. The other possibility is of pompholyx. Herpetic whitlow is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails and is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.