Strange rash/bumps in one spot - non itchy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I recently started a new job (new desk, new chair, new everything)  and noticed I had a few bumps near each other on my left elbow.  I didn't think much of it because sometimes I get little pimples on my elbow, so I didn't pay any mind to it. (monday)

I worked again (wednesday) and then thursday night my girlfriend noticed the bumps on my elbow, but as we looked at them, we noticed I had a little grouping of bumps,  but in a straight line up my inner forearm were bumps spaced out leading up to the little group, and then a few beyond the group a little past my elbow.

This area on my left arm is the only place with these bumps. They don't itch, they don't hurt, but they don't seem to be going away.  I also got sick starting wednesday but I don't know if thats relevant, I started anti-biotics thursday but these were here before that.

I tried benadryl on it thursday night and friday morning, and they looked a little lighter but they didn't go away.   I tried some neosporin Friday afternoon, but again I didn't see any result.   I tried some mupirocin 2% ointment I had here but again no result.  I checked this morning and I can't tell if I have more bumps or not but I was hoping someone could at least point me in the right direction.

Here is a picture gallery, the pix are sortof big but you should be able to see the bumps, they don't look like pimples and don't really see and head or indent from bug bites.  Again I was worried about bed bugs since theres an epidemic in NYC but these bumps are all localized.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/nj12nets/Rash/  -  Password: rash
I also tried to figure out what could've caused these bumps/rash from contact, but the only thing I could think of was the new desk at work or the new chair at work.  Maybe if they cleaned them with some chemical that was left over and caused a reaction.  I think the chair armrest lines up right along w here the line of bumps and the grouping is. If i were to lay my arm on the armrest it would be in contact with 90% of the area and if I put my arm on the side of the armrest it would cover the rest as well.

I don't know if there related but it's an idea.

I found some zovirax cold sore cream, the bumps look slightly reminiscent of a cold sore and I'm thinking of trying that one some of the bumps...it's better then nothing since I have to wait til during the week to get to a doctor.
Unfortunately I could not open the photo but from the symptoms it can be frictional lichenoid dermatitis( although it occurs more in children) or granuloma annulare.  The other possibility is of atopic dermatitis. Although steroids are commonly used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, there are certain other agents also which are used like immune modulator drugs. also there are some measures which are to be followed like lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

after going to a dermatologist they peformed a biopsy and believe it is either folliculitis  or Molluskum.  After reviewing pictures I think it is closer to folliculitis then the molluskum but I haven't had the results yet.