Strange wart-like bump on left arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Strange wart-like bump on left arm

Good Afternoon -

I have on my left arm what I believe was a wart.  I scratched it when it first came to light, about 3 years ago.  From then until about 6 months ago...it would come up to the surface and then go away.  Every now and then I did scratch it.  The dead skin seemed to come off and then it would heal to be hard and dry again.  As I am typing this, it looks like a big dried pimple.  I do not have any others.  I did go to a Doctor/Pharmacist where I live (in Italy).  He gave me two creams which didn't do a damn thing.  I wanted to try and use a product to burn it; I am reading the reviews of a product I found to be sold here (Wartner) and they do not seem to be very positive.  Any suggestions on what I could use to get rid of this.  It doesn't cause any pain; it is more of an embarassment.  Thanks for the help.  CJ
There is nothing much to worry about this bump as it can be a cyst. Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.