Dermatology Community
Strawberry Patch
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strawberry Patch

I have a 4 month old who has a strawberry patch on her face below her left eye. There has been a strawberry patch there since she was born also. My question is this. At the bottom of this patch there is a hard spot. Sometimes it feels warm to the touch. It does not seem to cause any pain to her. My family physician today called it a tumor and wants to send us to a Peds Dermatologist. Can you give any advise on where to research this topic? We do have an appointment and we will keep it but wanting to know a little more so we can ask better informed questions when we go.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
What your daughter seems to be having is called strawberry hemangioma. It is a raised bright red spot, often small, usually soft and compressible characterized with well-defined borders. They consist of an abnormally dense group of widened (dilated) blood vessels.

Strawberry hemangioma are often not treated. When they are allowed to disappear on their own, the result is usually normal-appearing skin. In some cases, a laser may be used to eradicate the small vessels.I agree with your doctor that a pediatrics dermatologist’s opinion will be the best.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...