Strep throat with tingling bumps on hands and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've been diagnosed with Pharyngitis Strep by the 'Nurse-in-a-box' at Walgreens.  She Rx'd a 5-day Z-pack (azithormiycin 250mg 6pk).  I'm on day 3.  I have the typical white ulcers on my tonsils but for the last 2 to 2 1/2 days I've had itchy hands.  This a.m. I wake up and see that I have clear liquid filled blisters on both hands.  They're all over, on the knuckles, palms, pads of my fingers and I believe some are starting up on my feet.  I've taken several doses of OTC antihistamines and it hasn't really alleviated the severe itchy, tingling sensation this is causing.  I've googled around and some hits suggest that this is a byproduct and/or toxin from the strep bacteria but I can't find any articles directly addressing these tingly bumps of clear fluid.  Why would strep bacterium waste products manifest only in my hands and feet?  I also seem to have some Impetigo starting around my mouth, nose and ears.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
How exactly is this all related?
Hand foot and mouth though rarer in adults. Any in neighourhood with HFMD?
Indeed more likely to be 'pompholyx' but the first diagnosis crossed my mind was HFMD..
maatson,Thanks.
Definitely not Pompholyx after reviewing its symptoms on several sites.
It could be HFMD but weird that it manifested at same time as GAS.
I'm now starting to see bumps erupt on my elbows.
I popped a large 'blister' on my right index knuckle.  It's very deep, and the fluid I had to force out was thick and mostly clear.
They're erupting all over my hands and both my hands and feet are tingling like mad so I'm expecting to see several blister-bumps on my feet in the morning.
If I put a tourniquet on my arm and squeeze a ball you may see several bumps all over the pads of my fingers as if there are several sub-cu blisters.
Best to go to ER pronto.Could well be a drug rash from the updates.
The symptoms are suggestive of hands, foot and mouth disease. Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is a human syndrome caused by intestinal viruses of the Picornaviridae family. It is extremely uncommon in adults; however, still a possibility.
Since it is a viral illness, you need only oral acetaminophen for the fever and antibiotics if staph bacterial throat infection is confirmed. For this you can get the rapid strep test done. The "rapid Strep" test can usually be done in the office and takes 15-20 minutes. If the result is negative, it is often followed with a strep culture.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It's been 2 years since I posted.  
You were spot on with your HFMD diagnosis.
It was an interesting and weird 3 month recovery what with all the dead skin from the blisters working their way up and then sloughing off.
My finger- and toenails had circular holes in them where the subcutaneous blisters erupted beneath the nail beds. As the nails grew out they had very thin circular, 3-7 cm indented 'holes' in them.  
Nearly all the skin on my heals came off.
I was a mess but was completely back to normal by Christmas.

Thanks!