Stress Blisters?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stress Blisters?

I was curious if anyone had any experience or information on this. I started getting water blisters on the tops of my hands and fingers several months ago. I thought it was an allergy or something I had contracted from Gym Equipment. After several test the dermatologist just said they were caused from stress. And as I look back every "flare up" has been during a time of a stressful situation. My Dr. at first gave me a cortizone shot, antibiotics and fluocinolone acetonide ointment. Now I take the antibiotics and ointment as needed. Which quite honestly doesn't help much. They don't itch... they just sting a little when developing and seem to run it's course. Meaning one will start and then a few will follow. When they heal they are just like any wound healing... pink and not so attractive. Anyone else ever heard of this?
Avatar n tn
I too have blisters, that I think are due to stress, but on my toes.  They are very painful, and about the size of a nickle.  I know that it is not my shoes, and want some relief!  Can anyone help?
Hey there...okay so this is so crazy because I used to get these a long time ago when in High School then they fizzled out and my psychology teacher in College tried to give me some answers but he had none but then again way back then (1986) there was no internet so not as easy to try to find answers about except from books etc...  but I have the exact same symptoms and you and they just started flaring up again about a week ago...and exactly the same where you feel them...press on it for a few seconds (feels like a pin point nerve kind of thing) and then it creates a blister w/in minutes...sound similar?  anyway...I am sure it is stress related and the teacher did tell me he was interested in knowing what the fluid was in the blisters to know exactly what my body was over producing in stressful periods but never got it checked out... I never open them anymore...used to but that is just painful when they heal but strangely enough the fluid & blister disappear after a few days... do you still have this?  just curious to know if you have learned anything further since  your last post...thanks...