Stretch Mark Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stretch Mark Rash

i have this weird rash on my body. i first noticed it about a month ago under both of my armpits where the arms connect to the chest. it looks like inflamed stretch marks. because of the location i just figured that they were irritated  stretch marks from working out. they are tender to the touch and itch but not all the time. i then noticed them on both of my thighs(although they are greater on my left thigh then my right. again they are tender to the touch and itch sometimes and resemble red stretch marks.

i went to the doctor and he didn't know what they were but he scheduled me for an appointment with a dermatologist but they haven't called me to set up the appointment yet.

does anybody have any ideas as to what this may be?

From your symptoms they don’t look like stretch marks because stretch marks are not tender.They just have a cosmetic symptom and do not cause any uncomfortableness to the individual.

I think that they are intertrigo or spider veins. Intertrigo is an inflammatory condition of skin folds, induced or aggravated by heat, moisture and friction rub.Spider veins like varicose veins are enlarged veins that can be flesh colored, dark purple or blue. They are swollen and raised above the surface of the skin.

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis.So I think that it would be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.