Aa
A
A
Close
Stretch Marks
I always see lots of new stretch marks creams/ lotions in the market with high price tags. I have tried some for the last 10 years but they work. I have medium brown skin so my stretch marks (on my legs, thigh, buttocks) are very visible. I am 39 yrs old and have never worn bikini, never worn minis and didn't get married becos of these stretch marks. Is there any treatment that will make stretch marks disappear completely??
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry, as per my earlier comments, i said the stretch marks creams worked for me. In fact it DIDN'T WORK AT ALL...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,

Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin. It is common in rapid gaining or losing of weight, pregnancy, puberty, cushings syndrome and overuse of steroids.

Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy ,nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy and dermabrasion, alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. For that you need to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks, will try out your suggestions and keep you posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
You are welcome! Warm regards
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources