Stretch Marks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stretch Marks

I always see lots of new stretch marks creams/ lotions in the market with high price tags. I have tried some for the last 10 years but they work. I have medium brown skin so my stretch marks (on my legs, thigh, buttocks) are very visible. I am 39 yrs old and have never worn bikini, never worn minis and didn't get married becos of these stretch marks. Is there any treatment that will make stretch marks disappear completely??
Sorry, as per my earlier comments, i said the stretch marks creams worked for me. In fact it DIDN'T WORK AT ALL...

Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin. It is common in rapid gaining or losing of weight, pregnancy, puberty, cushings syndrome and overuse of steroids.

Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy ,nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy and dermabrasion, alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. For that you need to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks, will try out your suggestions and keep you posted.
You are welcome! Warm regards