Strong skin odor
This will seem a bit embarrassing & for me it's a bit humiliating to ask this, but I'm hoping this is'nt something that will turn serious.  Recently, I've been noticing a very strong, offensive smell underneath my right breast (kind of like old, rotten cheese) and there's a red rash which also itches sometimes.  I checked underneath the left one and there's no odor or rash at all, seems even though I'm washing there each day, the smell comes back even stronger.  Is this something I should be concerned with or is it common? Please let me know what I can do to correct this problem for I've never experienced this before, Thank you.

I am glad that you asked a question here and we will try to help you.

The smell that you describe may be due to many conditions, infections, sweat accumalations or intertrigo.

It is important that areas of the body that touch each other and are exposed to heat and sweat be cleaned out everyday and the area washed with soap and water.

Further, the treatment for each of these involves the use of specific therapy such as anti-fungals, steroids and lotions. anti-perspirants such as roll ons would also help a lot.

consult your doctor about this if after couple of days of hygiene, use of fresh clothing and use of local applications does not help. Then you probably have a fungal infection which will not be cured by these measures alone.