Stubborn blister

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stubborn blister

I've had a blister on my toe for about 5 days. It is about 1.5 cm X 2.5cm and it won't go away. How can I treat it without making it worse?
I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination,but it can be foot blisters or fibromas.

When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear.Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot.

Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible.Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing blisters.So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the blisters still persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you. The blister is now healing. After several days, I drained the blister with a sterilized pin and smothered it in neosporin and a bandage to keep it clean. I gave it a couple days to begin healing or I would have seen a doc. I've been wearing flip-flops all summer but the heat and humidity have been high. I will buy some foot powder for good measure. I appreciate your thorough response.
Was it on the top of your toe?  I have had a 'blister' appear on top of my toe which was actually a mucinoid cyst.  When I finally drained it (the first time), the fluid was VERY sticky.  I saw a podiatrist who told me he could do surgery or I could just drain it if it came back.  Two years later, it came back and I drained it again.  It took several days for all the fluid to be out and the spot to close up.  I've since read that a dermatologist can drain these with a 25 gauge needle.
Hi Diane,
Yes it was on the top of my toe, but it drained like water. Then, except for some new-skin, it practically disappeared overnight. All and all, it lasted about 8 days, but I will be sure to keep an eye on it. I am spending the summer in an area where the closest dermatologist is over an hr away. Hopefully, if it does re-occur, it will be in the winter where I can access more sophisticated  medical care. Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated.