Stubborn yet mild acne

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stubborn yet mild acne

Hello.

I have small bumps on my forehead that never seem to go away. They aren't whiteheads - just raised bumps.
On my nose and chin, I have blackheads that also never really go away.
On my chin, besides the blackheads, I have pimples - mostly whiteheads that are always there. Like with the forehead, it's not the same bumps, it's different ones. But I always have at least two to three pimples on my chin.
My cheeks are normal, other than being occasionally dry after washing and being consistently flushed & red.

Should I go see a dermatologist? If so, what meds/treatments do I need to ask about? Thanks in advance.

Since you are having such bumps and red and flushed cheeks, it can be due to whiteheads, comedones or rosacea. Whitehead is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin and is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.

Cleanse the area thoroughly and apply a good mild exfoliating scrub on that. For whiteheads, creams containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide are used but they should be taken after a dermatologist’s guidance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.