Stucco keratosis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Stucco keratosis

My legs are covered in small raised spots. They are flesh colored and flat. Both of my lower legs, ankles and feet are  totally covered in these things. They look identical to photos I have seen of stucco keratosis. Is there any treatment for this condition? I have been applying Amylactin lotion to my legs for a couple of months to try to soften or diminish them, but so far, no luck.  Any advice?

This discussion is related to red itchy bumps on legs and in groin region.

You cannot make a definite diagnosis by looking  at pictures. It would be ebst to consult a skin specialist and get a proper clinical examination done to find out the cause of your symptoms.

'Stucco keratosis is a keratotic papule that is usually found on the distal lower acral extremities of males.
Different methods or a combination of methods can be used to remove the lesions. The most common methods in practice are liquid nitrogen therapy and curettage.'

You could read more about this at the following link -

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic407.htm

Let us know about what your specialist advises and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.

Hello
I believe I have Stucco Keratosis but I intend to have it confirmed
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/kjl07/Osteoarthritis/IMG_2758.jpg
4 years ago I was diagnosed as having Stucco Keratosis and was prescribe a topical cream with Salyic Acid, which does little to no good for treatment or removal. Last year, I was unfortunate enough to contract a blood infection in my right leg, that caused extreme swelling and discoloration from ankle to knee. I was hospitalized for 4 days and given 3 IV bags of antibiotics 3 times a day. My blood infection was cured and the swelling dissapated, but I noticed when I returned home that my Stucco Keratosis was gone as well.
Has your Stucco Keratosis come back or still gone?
I too have stucco keratosis. I am a 54 year old woman. My feet and ankles are covered. I have way to many to freeze off. I hate them and they seem to be getting worse. I have tried the acid peels but nothing works.  There has got to be something we can do about this ugly condition.
i jen, i had the same and tried to get the frozen off. I had to stop as the scars where worse than the stucco.
That other women took 31v bags of antibiotics 3 times a day and it seemed to work for her.
I was thinking if that might be i worth a try..
My Name is Lanbert Guay I have Stuco for 20 years I am 77 Years now The only way that I have relief is to soak my body in water for 20 minutes and while still in the water scrape  bumps off with  my nails and at the end getting out of the water rub the bumps with my fingers and see that all these fall of like dirt using friction to me these bumps is nothing but dry Skin  finish by using lotion for dry skin  
HI, I am a 49 year old female and I have had stucco keratosis for many years. It gets worse every year.  My feet and ankles are covered and  it is now starting to spread all over my arms and legs.  I just dread summer now!  I have tried multiple treatments but nothing has worked, so far.  I just can't believe there is no treatment available.  
If anyone tries something that works, even temporarily, please post!  
I have recently had these annoying bumps on me as well.. I am 50 and they started "popping up" several months ago. I have noticed that after a shower or bath, ( using a body sponge ) they sort of loose a layer or two of skin. However, I would not use my nails as that could cause infection - I work in the yard a lot  : )    I normally shave with a good razor and then I follow up with a body oil.. seems to help - If I don't, my skin is extremely flaky which seems to make them worse..  Thanks for sharing -
its amazing that scientists can get men on the moon and sell tickets to mars but yet cant find a cure for the "common wart" ??  hummmm... SAD ISN'T IT ?   I am "plagued" with these annoying things as well...   : (   not extremely bad - but enough to know that they are there!  
Avatar n tn
I recently had surgery that required me to take a course of anti-biotics.  It improved my stucco keratosis about 85% after a 10 day regimen (Keflex?)- perhaps it needed to be longer to make it 100%.  I've also noticed hydrogen peroxide helps.