Dermatology Expert Forum
Stuff coming out of every pore it seems on my face and neck
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stuff coming out of every pore it seems on my face and neck

I am wondering if you can help me figure out what I have.  On my face and neck I seem to have what I would say are small, white "rice" like protrusions coming out of every pore (Nose, Cheeks,Chin,Moustache area, Neck).  If I pull one out with tweezers they are sorta wax like but there are so many and they are back the next day, although I don't think they really go away.  If I go a day without shaving or washing my face, I can rub my finger across the area (nose, cheek, neck, etc) and it's like a shag carpet.  I think when I shave I just cut them off, and they continue to "grow" afterward.  Also when I wash my face with water it is very dry afterwards.  I put on a little lotion (usually a very light neutrogena lotion) and it looks very oily.  Normaly throughout the day I have to pat my face down because it looks oily but if I decide to just put some water on it it will again feel dry and the protrusions will look much more noticeable.  This has been ongoing for months and I have an appointment with a derm in March because thats how busy they are.  What I want to know is if my pores are pushing out the lotion that I apply daily or is this a fungal infection?  It really is getting to me because everytime I meet a person or talk to a person, they are constantly scratching their face to let me know I have something there, which I already KNOW!!

I've scrubbed my face and they don't seem to just pull away.  I could scrub under my lower lip hard and they will still be there.  I've tried no soaps on my face for weeks.  Tried cetafil for weeks.  Tried exfoliating for weeks.  Tried Bore nose and face strips but nothing gets rid of them.  Any advice?  Or any OTC fungal creams I could try while I wait for my appointment.