Subdermal cysts

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Subdermal cysts

I am 18 years old and recently discovered when I pull the skin tigt over the under side of my fore arm that dozens of small bumbs appear. I went to see a dermatologist and they conducted a biaopsy and informed me that the bumbs were non cancerous cyst that were there due to a genetic condition. However when asked further question the dermatologist was very illusive about answering them. I was lookin for help as to what condition could be the possible cause or causes.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and welcome!
It is very difficult to confirm anything without examination but based on the information shared by you these white bumps can be pearly penile papules. These are small dome-shaped skin-colored papules that typically are located on the sulcus or corona of the glans (glands) penis. They are harmless and are not a sign of any serious illness. Other possibility is sebaceous prominence. Sebaceous prominences are another variation caused by the hair follicle being close to the surface of the skin. However it is very important to go to a doctor and have it checked out. Do keep us posted.
Take care.