Sudden Itchy Rash But Only Along My Spine?!!
For over 1 week now I have had an incredibly itchy rash along my spine. It consists of tiny, barely visible bumps that are just slightly raised. They in no way resemble blisters, pustules, shingles or scabies infestation. They are not flaky or scaly or scabbing. I am already taking an antihistamine for allergies and it is not responding to this and in fact, developed while on it. I have had contact dermatitis before and think that might be it but havent introduced anything new that I can think of. I am not prone to rashes, I had the contact dermatitis only once years ago from a seatbelt in a new car,lol. Could it maybe be a reaction to a spider bite? I am very uncomfortable and cannot get in to see the Dr. for almost two weeks from today. Any ideas? Thanks
From the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or heat rash. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist as steroids may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.