Sudden Oily Hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sudden Oily Hair

Hi I just saw the discussion on Sudden oily patch. I have discovered the same problem with my hair too. Couple of days back I saw crown of my head having an oily patch which is not going with shampoo. Its like the texture itself has changed. And I must say that I have been going through a stressful situation lately, same as some other girls who have posted in this thread. Please reply if anybody has recovered from this.

This discussion is related to suddenly oily hair that won't correct.
Tags: oily hair
There is no medical condition as such which causes oiliness of the hair.I would suggest you to clean your hair frequently with a mild shampoo(you can use the ones for oily hair) and don’t apply any conditioner on the hair. Also you can shampoo twice during each wash and apply shampoo on the scalp without piling the hair on top.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I AM CURED....!!!!!!!
BUY NEW BOTTLES of SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER
Listerin did NOT work.. it instead made all of my hair dry and rough. I was using the same shampoo (Pantene) and same conditioner (Pantene) for years and nothing ever went wrong. I seems that the problem started when I bought new bottles of each. I guess it was either the shampoo or the conditioner of a bad lot or something was wrong in it. I bought new bottles of shampoo and conditioner..same brand (Pantene Volume) and presto first wash it was all gone.. I have my silky smooth shiny hair back..!!! and yesterday I applied musturd oil and kept it for 2 hrs and then washed it away with shampoo (repeat three times while washing or some oil might retain) andf then applied the conditioner and kept it for 10 mins and then rinsed... and Wow.. I am getting compliments again.. it has not come back..