Sudden Painful Bump on Forearm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sudden Painful Bump on Forearm

I have a sudden growth under the skin of my left forearm near my radius bone. It is not connected to any joints like my wrist or elbow. I think it might be a cyst but I'm not sure. When felt it is an obvious bump, kind of hard but I can move the whole thing from side to side. It is a little painful when touched. I noticed it rather suddenly a few days ago. I am trying to keep tabs on it to see if it is growing bigger. I probably wouldn't worry too much but I had another sudden odd problem with the middle finger of my left hand. Before I noticed "the bump" my middle finger started tingling very badly and did not stop for several days. I can not recall any specific trauma. My fingers usually tingle when I am in the cold, which I was, but this was only my middle finger. So I am wondering if there is some connection. Eventually the tingle stopped. Could this bump thing also affect a nerve. Any ideas?
Tags: Cyst, bump
Avatar n tn
I think I may be experiencing the same thing. It started out with one bump underneath the skin of my forearm and at first it didn't bother me. But then a second bump popped up near the first one and now both are painful if I touch them. And my whole forearm starts to tingle, like its falling asleep, and it last for a couple of hours a day. I know thats not good; its not getting enough oxygen. Could these bumps be causing it? I thought they were just fatty deposits but now im not so sure. Does anyone have any information on this? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!