Sudden burning, tingling, sensation all over body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm a 26 year old female.  For the past 3 or 4 days I have been experiencing a feeling best described as burning, tingling, and numbing throughout my whole body.  It comes very quick and almost feels like i'm blusing all over, however there is no change in skin temperature or color.  I suffer from migraine headahces, but have not had the migraines when this happens, not sure if there is any connection between the two. I've also been at the beach the past few days, however, I'm not sunburned so it's not from that.  Any ideas?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there!
It is quite possible that have been exposed to a parasite or fungus of some type while you were on the beach. Tingling is a symptom of poor blood circulation and can occur due to ahtherosclerosis, any vascular disease or any other condition. Use of certain medications, hypothyroidism, migraines, diabetes mellitus, nerve damage due to lead, alcohol, or tobacco, animal bites, Insect, tick, mite, and spider bites and Seafood toxins all can lead to tingling and numbness.Nubmnes and tingling  are two serious  symptoms which need immediate medical attrention.Seek medical help. A clinical examination and a Doppler study may be needed. Treatment will depend on the cause. Take care!