Sudden marks under skin - red scratches and purple spots
This morning I woke up to notice marks under my skin. The marks appear on the back of my right thigh, near the top. They look like red scratches, accompanied by a few purple bruise-type marks, but this is all under the skin - running my hand over them I can't feel anything, they're not raised at all.

They don't itch and I have no pain. I have no other symptoms as far as I can tell, apart from a slight headache (but that could easily be because I just woke up!).
Hello!
The most common cause of such a rash is a bruise. Any injury can result in bruising. Bruising occurs due to broken blood vessels underneath the skin. Any minor fall or injury can cause this bruise. May be you had not realized it during sleep. An allergic reaction after an insect bite is another possible cause. If there was no injury then there is a possibility that these are blood spots. Blood spots on skin can occur due to a bleeding disorder, intake of medicines, inflammation and swelling in the blood vessels, build up of toxins in the blood due to an infection deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals resulting in malnutrition. Rare but serious causes are cancers and other systemic diseases. Get yourself evaluated.
Take care and regards!