Dermatology Community
Suddenly dry skin around eyes and edge of lips.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Suddenly dry skin around eyes and edge of lips.

Basic info: 21/f/Southeast US, fair-skinned. I stay out of the sun if possible, don't smoke or drink, tho I am overweight and not much on exercise, I admit.

I've always had sensitive skin, so I usually make certain to buy high-quality makeup. However, recently, I ventured to buy not-so-high-quality makeup. Shortly after buying new eyeshadow, the skin under my eyes started getting irritated. So I quit wearing it and switched back to a brand I've worn for years. My skin didn't get better, so I visited my family doc and was told to apply coco butter. It worked for a while, then I forgot it for about a week and the dry skin came back with a vengeance.

Haven't been back to the doc yet, I haven't had time, but now the skin on the edge of my lips is scaly-dry. I've applied moisturizing chapstick like mad, and used vitamin E oil a few times to try and fix this, but my lips are still painfully dry. There's no cracking, it's just insanely dry. As for my eyes, I may have found something that works, Neutrogena eye cream. I've been using that for two nights, but I can feel a difference there already.

As a side note, I also get small very dry, itchy, red patches on my arms. The biggest is no more than an inch wide, and if left alone (or I'm allowed to scratch) they can get lots of tiny bumps. For this, I've been given a Triamcinolone Acetonide cream (0.1%) which works after about a week of steady application. However, they keep coming back.

So now my question after all my rambling of background info (I really tried to cut it short): Are the dry eyes and lips related to the dry spots on my arms? If so, what is it? And, what exactly do I do to fix this? Any of it?!

Thanks. :)