Suddenly dry skin around eyes and edge of lips.
Basic info: 21/f/Southeast US, fair-skinned. I stay out of the sun if possible, don't smoke or drink, tho I am overweight and not much on exercise, I admit.

I've always had sensitive skin, so I usually make certain to buy high-quality makeup. However, recently, I ventured to buy not-so-high-quality makeup. Shortly after buying new eyeshadow, the skin under my eyes started getting irritated. So I quit wearing it and switched back to a brand I've worn for years. My skin didn't get better, so I visited my family doc and was told to apply coco butter. It worked for a while, then I forgot it for about a week and the dry skin came back with a vengeance.

Haven't been back to the doc yet, I haven't had time, but now the skin on the edge of my lips is scaly-dry. I've applied moisturizing chapstick like mad, and used vitamin E oil a few times to try and fix this, but my lips are still painfully dry. There's no cracking, it's just insanely dry. As for my eyes, I may have found something that works, Neutrogena eye cream. I've been using that for two nights, but I can feel a difference there already.

As a side note, I also get small very dry, itchy, red patches on my arms. The biggest is no more than an inch wide, and if left alone (or I'm allowed to scratch) they can get lots of tiny bumps. For this, I've been given a Triamcinolone Acetonide cream (0.1%) which works after about a week of steady application. However, they keep coming back.

So now my question after all my rambling of background info (I really tried to cut it short): Are the dry eyes and lips related to the dry spots on my arms? If so, what is it? And, what exactly do I do to fix this? Any of it?!

Thanks. :)
From the symptoms it can be dry skin or xerosis due to soapy water, exposure to harsh chemicals or the normal aging process, contact dermatitis or eczema. Wash your face with a mild soap like Dove or Cetaphil and apply good quality non perfumed moisturizer. You can take antihistaminics like Benadryl and Claritin. Topical low potency corticosteroids and calamine lotion are also helpful in relieving the symptoms. More severe cases require oral corticosteroids. For that you need to consult your dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.