Sun allergy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sun allergy

For the last 6 to 7 years I developed a skin allergy. When I was about 15, my face would break out like maybe a chemical was spilled on my face, mostly on my cheeks. look more like a scab. For the last two summers I bene having break out like a rash. And they only occur when I am outdoor for a short period of time. I took antihistamine to try to control. It didnt help, since this was the first time and I was camping I thought maybe I got bite my a insect (no sun block). That wasnt it. My face and hand was the only thing the sun touch because i had long sleeves on. In the morning my face was swollen veryyyy itchy and clear fluid was on my face. This year same thing I used sun block and that seem to irriate it more immediately I started to itch on face and arms, but not bad. The next day I went out in the sun again and my face begin to swell and so did my arms, back, stomach, and face. My arms look to have maybe second degree burns and face swollen? What can this be? And I for got to include I went to the hospital last year and they gave me prednisone and it work wonders.