Sunburned lips!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sunburned lips!

I went to Cancun for a couple of days ...... and the sun was so strong that it burned my lip!!! It had never happened to me, I have olive skin and I usually do not burn. Due to some moles I had removed, I followed my doc's advice and put protection 30 all over my body ... (I should have put more) ,,,, but forgot my lips!!!
I woke up with my lower lip swollen, almost like Angelina Jolie, lol.
Well .... I started putting some BACITRACIN .... then I put Aloe Vera Gel .... now it went down ..... althogh I have a small likke red, sort of zip (but it's not a zit) on the corner of my lip. Looks like one of those zits underneath the skin, altough I am pretty sure it's a suna damage ....... I wonde what I can put on it .....
It had happen to my sister when she went to the Dominican Republic ..... she got very scared then and went to the doc ...... it was just a sunburn but she also got thissort of under skin zit .... and took her 1 year to go away .....

Did it ever happen to you?
How did you cure it?

Thanks for any help!