Suspected Molluscum Contagiosum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Suspected Molluscum Contagiosum

I have scoured the forum for posts relevant to my question but none exactly answer the problem I have. About 6 years ago when I was 15 I had a outbreak of Molluscum contagiosum which was confined to mons pubis region, I blamed the outbreak on the irritation caused by hair removal. The mollusca were yellow, incredibly itchy and exuded a sort of pus when squeezed. My doctor diagnosed me with MCV and sent me away with assurances that they would go away naturally within a few months and they did.

I am now 21 and in the past few weeks I've trimmed the hair back in my genital region to reveal a number of small raised spots which are significantly smaller than the mollusca that developed in my mid teens. However, they do not cause me any pain, they are not itchy, nor do they exude any pus or blood. They are also flesh coloured while the spots of my previous outbreak were characterised by a yellow 'head'. I am not sure if these new spots have been present for years as it is only recently that I have trimmed hair for social reasons. It is important to note that unlike my younger days, I am not removing hair in any way that irritates the skin - mainly with clippers that leave about a half inch of hair.

Could it be possible that the raised spots are a sort of scar leftover from my mid teens or is it indeed possible that I have become reinfected with the MCV? As far as I can remember I last removed a lot of hair about 3 years ago and there was little sign of these spots. They do not seem to share any similarities with the dozens pictures of HPV outbreaks that I have seen on the internet.

While I could wait around for ages in my mid teens for the virus to take its course, I am now sexually active and would like a rapid solution. Considering that my original outbreak happened prior to any sexual encounter, I would like to know how is likely that I have caught and possibly spread the virus through intercourse.
More likely a folliculitis,and unlike mollusum -which does not lurk this long and get reactivated.
These lesions do not sound like molluscum but sound more like infected hair follicles or blocked glands. Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
Hope it helps.Take care and regards.