Swelling of the Ankles and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Swelling of the Ankles and feet

The past 4 days I have had swelling on my Ankles and the top of my feet,Is this just athlete's foot or more??
Common causes of ankle swelling include  traumatic Injury such as an ankle sprain or a fracture,gout (accumulation of uric acid crystals within the fluid of your ankle),ankle arthritis,infection (cellulitis or septic joint), problems with blood flow like DVT can impair normal circulation and lead to swelling around the ankles,pregnancy, obesity, and varicose veins.
Edema can be caused by a serious condition of the kidney, heart, liver or blood vessels and hence these should also be evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.