Swelling on foreskin / glans(glands) of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Doctor,

my penis skin on glans (glands) is swollen /redish that causes irritation & pain. it disappears within a week and comes sometimes after 3-4 weeks , i do masturbation but not frequently and i have seen that it doesnt comes with it, sometimes if i pull the skin or touch the forehead it feels pain, I apply some oil it goes away bt slowly. Its happening from last 6 months. i havent done any sexual intercourse /oral sex, nor even used any condoms. Can you help me .

Thanks Rob
It can be due to friction rub or irritation to the foreskin due to rubbing with clothes. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments and retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist and if it is itchy then get fungal infection causing balanitis ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.