Swollen, Itchy Hands
Randomly, my hands will start to itch and swell, and become really red.  They will only do this on the areas that scratch, not the whole hand.  My skin isn't dry, flaky, or peeling, and I can't think of anything I've recently started using to cause an allergic reaction.  This has been happening for a couple months now, and happens at least once a day.  Once they're swollen and I poke at the swollen skin, it feels like there's liquid built up underneath it. The skin hasn't broke and bled yet, just very irritated. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you...
Hi,  My hands do the same thing whenever they are cold.   If I walk through a freezer section of a market  or if I go out in the cold weather.  The itching is like torture.  Red welts appear also.  I don't know if it is the blood preasure meds that I'm on  or that I am just allergic to the cold.  It only started a few years ago.  I hate it!!    If you get any responses to you question,  please e-mail me at ***@****   Thanks

This sounds like hand dermatitis. Please get yourself checked by a dermatologist.
Doctors after Doctors have told me I have contact demitis of some kind
but none of them can tell me what I 'm allergic to
But they all want pictures of my hands feet leg stomach arms  it happen on the balls of my feet. I have frozen them scalded them
itched untill they are raw . the get so swollen i can't walk or hold a cup they are hot no bumps or anything this is been going on for 20 years and no doctor can tell me why

they have put me on medicine and nothing works
they all guess its something but none no what
sorry for your luck but if you get some answers please let me know

meteri

You could be allergic to some unknown substance or this could be sweat rash or some infection or eczema or dermatitis.

Do you have any other associated symptoms?

What work do you do? Do you handle any chemicals or soaps or detergents etc?

You could wash the area several times daily and apply calamine lotion at the sites. Take oral antihistamine medications like loratadine or cetrizine for your symptoms.

Try to find out the cause of your symptoms or any factors that aggravate the rash. Consult a skin specialist for a clinical examination.

Let us know about how you are doing and what your doctor advises.

Regards.
I too had swelling hands that itched pretty bad, after doing a lot of research and going to the ER it was angioedema. I think that Drs are having a hard time finding the source because it has something to do with processed foods... just my guess but I know that a lot of wheat products are now genetically engineered such as wheat that only responds to certain insecticide. I could be wrong but it seems like a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables stops the reactions... can't hurt.... goodluck
i went to the E.R and they told me that its the blood vessels in my hand that are holding too much blood.For example, you can put your hands above your head and watch them go back to their normal color, put them on your lap, and once again they turn bright red.
So what did they say caused it, and what to do about it
It is angioedema and it can be triggered by a number of things.I notice I get it after working with my hands or having pressure on them.  Also it will show up when i'm under stress.  I take an allergy pill (benedryl/zyrtec, etc) with a Zantac (for heartburn, the generic brand is fine)  If you take them together it helps to relieve the body's histamine reaction.  It never fails to help me.