Swollen Chin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Swollen Chin

I have some sort of infection in my chin, under my skin.  My chin is swollen and there is a large, hard knott that I can feel . There is no visible pimple or in grown hair ..... im not sure what it is.

It is sensitive to the touch.

Not sure what it is and what I can do ?

Can you please describe the lesion that you have in a little detail?

Where exactly is it located?

have you had some recent infection on the face or neck area recently?

Does this lesion have some discharge from the site? In the form of blood/pus?

When you say it is sensitive to touch, do you mean there is tenderness?

Meanwhile, you may try some warm compresses, pain killers and avoid pressurizing the lesion too much.

You may also need to visit your doctor and get an opinion.

Keep us posted,

Best regards

I poked at it with a pin, and both blood and puss came out of it. From the out side, it doesnt look like anything except for it is swollen.

It is located on my jaw/chin and it feels hard, like a ball of hard puss or something.

There is no infection, cut or anything like that. It may be an ingrown hair... but again, you cant see anything on the skin.

This could be infection of the ha follicle or folliculitis or some bacterial skin infection or pustular acne.

You should not pick or poke at the lesions - it would get secondarily infected and the infection could spread too.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products on his face and use a medicated sunscreen whenever you go out.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
I know this is VERY old but worth a shot... Did u ever figure out what it was? I think I have the same thing- my chin is very inflamed (from the ends of my mouth down to my chin) as well as under my chin (it kindda looks like I have a double chin but I know that's not it...). I noticed this after I shaved my goatee off that I had for about 3 months. It's been about 6 months since I've shaved it and it still hasn't gone down.... Oh also, the inflammation seems to be a bunch of tiny inflammations under my skin- like bumps
I ahd 5 apear on my face last year, when I went to see a dematologist we found out it was caused by a bacteria called stapphylococcus aureus and then when more appeared after a course of penicillin, mine were foirming because I have a allergy to penicillin.

I know they have said not to touch the lumps, but I found washing them in hot water and gently easing the core out of the lump was the best way to get rid of it.  I gave up going to the doctors to get antibiotices as it just didn't work...hope this helps
this is weird, i have had a problem with a swollen chin/lump ever since I tried using a sonic face cleaner. to me it felt as if the bristles had punctured my chin and dirt/makeup on the bristles got under the skin.  I went to the dermatologist 2x and my PCP, they seem to think it is irritation.  It also gets itchy. and so does my jaw/neck area under chin.  i also have itchy skin on chest/thighs and not sure if it is linked to the chin issue or otherwise dry skin. this has been on-going for 2mos. i have tried gentle cleansing/moisture prdts. cortison (script).  metrogel from derm dr.  it calms down and then gets worse but never goes away.  I see a white mark on my chin  and when swollen it feels like a hard lump under the skin about a 1/2 inch in size.  
Oil of wild oregano has been very helpful to me with these type of skin infections.  I live in the Tropics so these are common.  Might try colloidal silver too.  Until it becomes soft the doctor cannot lance it.
My chin started out with a white head. So I popped it but noticed it was still hard. I life it alone. But it only got worse. The part that was hard seemed to have swollen and now my whole. Chin is hard and swollen. And hurts when I move my chin. I don't know what this is or what caused it. How do I get it to go away?
I'm having similar problems. It starts as a small painful bump but it never comes to a head. It gets bigger and very painful it's like a mass or something and then when I try squeeze it to relieve the swelling a bunch of tiny bumps come up and the top layer of the skin peels away. THEN my problems really started! HELP!!!!!!