Swollen Finger
A rose bush thorn punctured my finger and it became swollen.  I washed it with soap and put Neosporin on it.  I put  an ice pack on it for about 1 min. and the next day the swelling and pain subsided and there was a tiny scab at the puncture site.  The finger is still a little swollen.  Do I need to go to the Doctor?  

This discussion is related to Red, Hot, Swollen Finger.
This swelling is due to puncture wound of the skin. Maintain a good hygiene and keep the wound site as dry as possible. Also apply Bactroban or Neosporin antibiotic ointment and take some pain killers of there is any pain. But if there is any redness, severe pain, fever or drainage of any serous or watery discharge or any pus from the wound then infection should be suspected. It can be confirmed after culture sensitivity of the wound swabs/blood/discharge from the wound. Specific antibiotics are then prescribed.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.