Swollen Lymph node from insect bite?
I seem to have got a spider or insect bite on my side. I bike often but this is a spot that was covered by clothing so I am ruling out poison oak. I Have had poison oak before too so I know it's not that. It doesn't itch but it is irritating and sore to touch. Today I noticed a swollen lump at the bottom of my arm pit on the same side. I looked into it and it seems like it is most likely a swollen lymph node. I would think if I got bit by something that could be the cause for this swelling? It hurts to push or squeeze the lump.

I am 20 very active and eat well and balanced.

Here is a picture of my side after the red "rash stage" maybe 4 days after I noticed something going on.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image...

Here is a picture 2 days after the last and current.

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image...

Unfortunately the links that you have given in your post did not show any photograph of the lesion.However,going by your desription of the swelling.it looks like a swollen lymph node. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Apply some warm compresses on this swelling and take some anti-inflammatory drugs.If there is any associated fever or warmth and redness on the swelling then bacterial infection may be suspected and antibiotics may be needed.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any other queries.