Swollen Mole
I have a mole on my tummy and it recently became swollen. It's not red but surrounding it is swollen. I heard that if I had recently had an injury then it's nothing to worry about. Well, I just had surgery a few weeks ago, for my appendix.  Should I be worried/concerned?

Moles are growths on the skin that are usually brown or black.

If you notice changes in the mole's color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have moles checked if they bleed, ooze, itch, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.I think that excision biopsy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis and malignant mole and melanoma have to be ruled out.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

How are you? Moles (nevi) are small, usually dark, skin growths that develop from pigment-producing cells in the skin (melanocytes).Most people have some moles, but the tendency to develop atypical moles is hereditary. Moles and atypical moles that change drastically should be biopsied for possible melanoma.  Most noncancerous moles do not require treatment, but moles that are uncomfortable or a cosmetic concern can be removed with a scalpel and local anesthetic.

Moles respond to changes in hormone levels in women and may first appear, enlarge, or darken during pregnancy. Once formed, moles remain for a lifetime and get less pigmented and more raised or fleshy with time. In fair-skinned people, moles occur more commonly on sun-exposed areas of the skin.   They should be biopsied if there is change in colour, size, inflammation, bleeding, infection, itching, pain, colour changes etc.
I would suggest that you get a proper evaluation of the mole with a dermatologist for further assistance in treatment.
Best.

I just recently had a mole removed exactly a month ago today, my concern now is that when i touch the area in which the mole was removed it feels lumpy...like theres something inside...(i should mention the removal was done on my left cheek) the area is also still suite red and i'm having a few hairs follicles trying to come out. When this happens the area swells up even more...is this normal after the excision of a mole? my dr has me booked in for a laser treatment to minimize scaring in 2 weeks and im wondering if maybe i've formed  keloid or this simply is just the healing process? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much
I have a medium sized mole on the left side of my nose,every few months or so it beomes very sore and slightly swollen as if I may have a pimple inside,I have tried to squeeze it from time to time and a small string almost invisible of pus will come out but as sore as this thing gets it feels like it could be a huge pimple underneath,how do I get the pimple to bust and give me some releive?
my mole on my nose is swollen and feels like a huge pimple is in it,how do i bust it to get releive,it really is tender
xtu
my boyfriend has a mole in his scalp.. he states that it was huge and swollen.  then his mom put some ointment on it, and it shrinks to an eraser on the pencil.. I touch the mole and there is tenderness around it, it is pinkish in color.. what shall we do about it?? do you think its cancerous?? im hoping for your reply.. sooon.. thank you,,,