Swollen Palms and soles of feet.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Swollen Palms and soles of feet.

Hi, I'm a student nurse and im working very long hours in my clinical placement. Over the past two weeks My palms and feet have been in agony! My feet have swollen up so mcuh I have been limping. Both my hands and feet go very red and I get swollen patches on them, very hot and itchy. My doctor took bloods and everything came back normal, I.e white cell coint, thyroid and kidney function as well as vitamin levels.

I dont know what to do. This problem is seriously affecting my life. I had similar issues last year to which they subsided after a few months. What do you think it may be?
These symptoms can be due to hand and feet dermatitis, viral infection like hands, foot and mouth disease, allergic reaction or vascular diseases like Raynaud’s disease.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist as well as physician and get evaluated for these possibilities. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.