Swollen clitoris hood

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Swollen clitoris hood

Hi, a few days ago I spent around 5 hours masturbating, touching the hood of my clitoris. 3 days ago, I noticed that it was painful to touch, just the hood of my clitoris, the clitoris is fine. The skin of the hood is peeling, and it is very painful. Could it be an infection or is it just a graze because of the friction?
From your symptoms, it looks like chafing.

Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful.If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.