Swollen inguinal lymph nodes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Swollen inguinal lymph nodes

Hi!

I am 25 years old girl. A week before I notice a little bump in my groin. I am quite sure it is a swollen lymph node. It is 2cm x 0.6 cm in size. In some position you almost can not see if you dont touch the area. It is very mobile, and firm but not very hard. It is painless.

The thing is that a week before notice this bump, I have some irritation in the area, because I was wearing very tight underwear for several days /weeks. Also I shaved the area few days before noticing the bump.

In a week the bump doesn't seem to shrink significantly. Should I be worried or should I wait more? As I were quite worried I was touching the bump a lot.

Could this be a shotty node? How long does it need to shrink? This could be consider as normal?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Tags: swollen inguinal lymph nodes
This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle be staph aureus. Treatment includes antibiotics.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.