Swollen knuckle w/severe pain, bumps under skin
On my middle knuckle on my pinky finger there is something going on under the skin.  The knuckle is swollen (3X larger) very sore and black under the skin.  It is extremely sore to touch.  It is like there are blisters under the skin but the surface of the skin isn't punctured.  It started out with the end of the finger being numb and tingly.  Also, a sharp pain radiates from that knuckle to the tip of my finger.  Please help, this has been getting worse now for almost 2 weeks with no relief.
These symptoms can be due to herpetic whitlow or even bacterial infection of the finger. You have not mentioned your age, but the other possibilities are of dermatomyositis, Heberden’s nodes(found in osteoarthritis),rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune diseases like scleroderma and herpetic whitlow.

I would suggest an examination by a dermatologist/physician and rule out these possibilities. Lab investigations may be needed to support the confirmatory diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.