Swollen lips wit tiny clear bumps and clearish yellow drainage

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ok I am 22 years of age and I have had this problem start about 1 1/2 years ago. I woke up one morning and my top lip was swollen and had tiny clear bumps that were so translucent that they look like they were almost the same color of my lips going across the entire lip.  They were a a lil sore and chap. I have been dealing with the same person for 6 years now but I still went and got my welf checked for any STD's but all of my test came back negative.  So I just used vaseline until it eventually pealed away like dead skin. About 6 months later the problem came back this time it had a clear yellowish fluid discharging from it about every 20-30 min. and I used tissue to dabb it away during the day. but when it discharges while I'm sleep it it gets hard and dries up on my lips and I would have to use a hot wrag to remove it.  I got myself checked out again just to be on the safe side but yet again all my results came back negative. So I used vaseline til it eventually went away again.  Now this problem comes back about every 1 1/2-2 months and I am starting to get very worried.  Do anyone have any idea as to what this couldm possibly be?
From the symptoms it looks like cold sores. The other possibility is of infected hair follicles. Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. You need to get some investigations like sample from the sores to identify the virus, culture analysis, Tzanck smear, antigen and antibody studies and blood sampling for antibody studies done to confirm the diagnosis. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I used to get cold sores when i was little, but around middle school they never came back, instead i started getting what seems to be the same problem as you once a year, my doctor prescribed me zovirax which usually if i get it on as soon as i feel it coming(when you wake up n ur lips are kinda swollen and feel heavy) the symptoms only last for a week. I know its not any STDs. im thinking about talking to my doctor about seeing a skin doctor and an allergist, maybe you should do the same.